Beta Projects act as cost-effective trials and serve to address key issues that the City Council is seeking to understand before implementing.
They have the following 5 characteristics.
1. Action-based and Evidence-based
- Demonstrate by quickly creating a trial and then measuring results to test assumptions. "Good today is better than perfect next week."
2. Lean Resourcing
- Trial for only as long as is required to test assumptions.
- Only make solutions as ‘big’ as they need to be to test the idea.
3. Reversible and Flexible
- Solutions should be designed to allow for learning and change.
4. Sustainable and Resilient
- Create a solution which is able to sustain itself over time and is also resilient to shocks.
5. Scalable or Transferable
- Think big. Start small.
- Consider how to widen the return on any investment.
You can follow the progress of all Beta Projects in the Beta Projects Pipeline.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Get involved in the conversation below.